Looking for tips on how to focus better while working? In the following graphic, from Funders and Founders, we share 11 ways how to focus.
We are a big fan of lifehacks. What is a lifehack? A lifehack is "a strategy or technique adopted in order to manage one's time and daily activities in a more efficient way." (Oxford dictionary)
How to Focus:
- Keep food on your desk. Glucose help your brain focus.
- Turn off the phone. Most phone calls are not urgent.
- Get a good chair. There is a reason bosses don’t sit in cheap chairs. (Don't sit all the time either! Stand up while working too.)
- Time yourself and see how much you did in 1 hour.
- Shut off everything that you are not really using.
- Clear your desk completely.
- Put on headphones. Classical music or no music is best for focusing.
- Make a list. Make it short.
- Reward yourself. If you get focused, be proud of yourself.
- Frame a picture of your goal. And look at it every morning before work.
- Bring your pet with you. They help you focus.
Question: Have any lifehacks you'd add to this list?
(graphic courtesy of Funders and Founders)